Motor Carrier Insurance

Making good decisions about how to protect your business investment can be critical to your success. Purchasing insurance from an insurance agency that understands your business is just one of those good decisions. The Navigator Truck Insurance Agency will help you to understand the coverage you need and the options available to protect your investment.

For-Hire Truck Insurance Recommendations

Many motor carriers use permanently leased independent contractors. If you are an owner-operator and do not have your own operating authority, you may receive primary auto liability insurance under your motor carrier’s authority. However, you may still need to purchase non-trucking liability insurance, as well as physical damage coverage for your vehicle. There are many for-hire truck insurance options. Read below to learn more about the types of motor carrier insurance coverage you or your contractors may need.

Mandatory Motor Carrier Truck Insurance Coverage

Primary auto liability insurance is a mandatory motor carrier insurance coverage that pays for damages you cause to other people and their property. primary auto liability insurance coverage for motor carriers includes bodily injury liability insurance and property damage liability insurance coverage.

Optional Motor Carrier Insurance Coverage

To make sure you have the best protection for your truck when you’re on the road, you should also consider purchasing some of the optional Motor Carrier insurance coverages:

  • Physical Damage Insurance – Can pay for repairs to your truck if it’s damaged in an accident, whether it’s caused by a collision with another vehicle or a falling tree branch and can include: collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, or fire and theft with combined additional coverage (CAC).
  • Medical Payments insurance – Available in select states, this first-party coverage can pay medical bills for you and any passengers in your truck in case they are hurt in an accident or auto-related injury.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist insurance – Can pay for injuries and damages to you or your passengers and your vehicle (where available) caused by drivers who either don’t have insurance or don’t have enough insurance to cover your injuries and damages.
  • Motor Truck Cargo insurance – Can pay for damages to the cargo you’re hauling.

State and Federal Motor Carrier Insurance Filings

To operate under your own authority, motor carriers must often meet various financial responsibility regulations based on the weight of vehicles operated and commodities hauled.

Navigator makes it easy to obtain motor carrier filings for your required levels of financial responsibility. From the SSRS Form E to MCS-90 filing, Navigator can help. Once you obtain your motor carrier authority, we’ll take care of the rest. We’ll even file all of the paperwork for you.

For-Hire Trucking Motor Carrier Truck Insurance Proposal

Call 1-800-596-TRUCK(8782) for a free insurance proposal. You will receive help and guidance from one of our licensed insurance representatives.